Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Back in the day

Oi!


I am glad to see you are still reading this! o.o This last week was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. Elder Bybee and myself worke really hard and were able to baptize two people on Sunday with several more plans for the next two weeks. We mae it our goal to get all of the mission standards of excellence, and we did! It was amazing to see what a little running and a lot of focus can do! Elder Bybee will be leaving for the airport to go home tomorrow and I am sad to see him go. We have learned so much together and he is such a great missionary that I feel honored to have worked with him. I have a good while a hea of me and I only can hope to get to where he is. As he is leaving and I am not, I will be recievin a new companion tomorrow and I just found out who he is. Because Elder Bybee´s group has a strange departure date, I will only be with him for two weeks. I will be the senior companion because he is 18 and preparing for a mission! This should be interesting! I am excited and looking forwar to yet another challenge.


This week was not all work and no fun however. We had dinner last Wednesday and I asked the host what were his best memories or something to that effect, and he said his children and then he talked about his drinking days before the Church. I din´t quite mean for the lesson to go that way... :)


Also, while I was walking back with the people from my house after a meeting, I was walking in the gutter and a car came by adn the guy kinda hit me with his arm. I was more suprised then anything. I laugh about it now. I can only imagine his thought process. ´´Driving along. Punch missionary. Unnecessarily yell at him. Continue as normal.´´ :P


I hope everyone who is reading this has a Merry Little Christmas and tries to remember that the true spirit of Christmas is giving and remembering our Lord. I love you.


Come on really,
Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment