Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understand

Hello People Who Know My First Name,

Its Elder Healy´s super exciting weekly report! I hoped your as pumped as I am! This week, as every other to date, was jam packed with things to learn and even more things to do. This letter is gonna be a bit short because the picture dowload took longer than I thought. I am doing great, settling down, and trying my best. We has two baptisms this last weekend. It was really touching. We were worried that one of them was going to fall through because the girl had a fight with her Dad and said she did not want to baptized in the interview, but she prayed that night and felt that it was the right thing for her so we ended up having to inverview her only thirty minutes before the baptism!

One thing I am gettign a little tired of is being bible bashed in another language because when people get excited they talk fast and it is a little hard to keep up. So I usually end up just testifying that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that we believe that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are both scripture. Then I invite them to learn for them selves by reading, pondering, and praying. I have learned that I am not here to convince anyone, but to let the spirit testify of our messages truthfulness. So when a Jehovah Witness pulls some Bible Kung Fu on me, I just have to reply that we need to have faith and try for ourselves. I always hope that their hearts will be softened, but I know they have agency and can decide for themselves.


I just sat here for about 30 min trying to reopen my email. Sorry...


An investigator loaned me a violin to practice today because I said I was interested in relearning. I am really terrible, but its fun. I dont have time to answer all your questions this week, so I will try to next week. Thank you so much for all the cards and notes you have sent me! They mean so much to me and I save everyone.


I will see you later. Ill make up for this next week.


Come on really,
Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment