Monday, December 3, 2012

The Road

Hello my fellow travelers, I felt inspired by my father to talk about the road that each one of us will follow in life. In this last bend of my life there were ups and downs, highs and lows, triumphs and failures. My companion and I started the week slowly. We had some long lunches, bad lessons, and weak investigators. By Thursday we were feeling pretty down. And then it all turned around. We decided to plan more effectively, we taught more efficiently, and we were blessed because of it. We were able to bring several new people to church and I believe at least one of them will certainly be baptized this week. We also were able to follow up with Tiago and he was baptized on Sunday! Every time we asked him how he was feeling or if he had questions, he just said he was peaceful and ready! What an elect! I am excited to see where that couple goes in the years to come. In the last couple of weeks I have been receiving praise from the members, leaders, and president that I feel completely unworthy of. I just am doing my best and trying to follow all that Preach My Gospel and the Missionary Manual teaches. I feel like I am being congratulated for paying my tithing or something. What makes me so happy to realize now is that I am not doing this for them, or for me, just for the wonderful people of Campinas and the Lord. That is why I serve and that is why I work. As I said before, we all have a road in front of us. We don´t know where it goes or what will happen along it. But to a degree, we either control or are controlled. We can choose left or right, forward or backward, fast or slow. But what we can´t control is the consequences of those choices. So let´s think and plan before we go, but not be afraid to change if needs arise. Let´s choose our destiny and not let it be chosen for us. Every moment is a choose. So let´s take advantage of every moment. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment