Monday, December 31, 2012

VINHEDO! WOOHOO

Dear Beloved Family and Friends, I write you on this lovely day from a Japanese LAN House drinking a banana and chocolate milk shake. Life couldn´t be much better than that. And to make me even happier, we had another wonderful week. My last email from the area was quite superficial so I will try and get yall the inside scoop. First things first, my companion had only 27 days in the field when I picked him up so I am back to training again. YEAH! It is super fun having three hours of study every day. He is a big, happy Brazilian who never complains about anything so we get along great. He is eager to learn and has a lot to learn. My district here is pretty spread out. One of the areas is like three hours away by bus which totally stinks for meetings and interviews, but I will survive. Everyone in the district is American except my companion :) so we end up speaking alot of English. I am in charge of two wards here which is a whole ton of work. The area is huge. Anyways, when I got here they had one investigator who had been to church twice so I invited her to be baptized that very Sunday. And with some teaching, helping, and some power from on high she was! It was truly a miracle. This last week we had many elects placed in our path who went to church and are preparing for baptism. I am really excited to see what this transfer brings and am praying for large amounts of success. The members help a ton and give lots of references. Two families just brought friends who we will hopefully baptize in a week or two. Only downer, they give us so much food here that Im gonna turn into a whale. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment