Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Starting Fresh

Hello again my devoted readers! I am so glad you could join me today. This last week was one of growing for me and my companion. We just had transfers and we both stayed so that means that I will be the missionary to finish him off.

This last week we were so excited because many investigators told us they would be going to church this week. But one complication after another, and they all fell through. With this minor set back, my companion and I decided to try working in brand new neighborhood that we had never worked in before. We have been there for two solid work days and have already hit about 300 doors. On our second street I believe we met a really elect family. They have about 7 people who are accepting our message and several are really excited about baptism. The problem is that several have smoking problems and drink the occasional coffee or beer. We taught them the word of wisdom and they all accepted to live it. We are setting daily goals with each one of them to stop smoking. The mother was smoking a whole pack (20 cigarettes) daily. When we passed by yesterday she had only smoked one! What a miracle! I have high hopes for this family and the good we can do with them.

We have now changed our teaching style so that ever lesson we teach ties back to baptism so that it is always on their minds. We are being very direct with people through asking questions like ´´Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ being baptized in his restored church on the earth?´´ If they respond ´´You guys can come back, but I am not sure about baptism´´ or ´´I already belong to another church´´ we dont come back. I only have two years and I mean to make the best of it.

Our work is becoming much more effective and efficient as we become better and better teachers and use are time as wisely as possible.

Last, our final teaching appointment went late and I had to meet with our district leader at the bus station to get some supplies. So we decided to sprint there. The problem was it was about 20 minutes away and we were in ties, dress pants, with bags. I thought I was going to die. Just kidding. We showed up dripping sweat and breathing hard. My district leader is now training and it was his new companions first day in the field. I don´t if we made good first impression :P

I love you guys so much. You will always be in my prayers! Have wonderful week!

Come on really,
Elder Healy




No comments:

Post a Comment