Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cell phone Woes

Dear People, This last week was teaching and humorous, at least from the perspective of a missionary. We received a phone from the mission as we opened this new area. What we didn't know however is that the chip inside it was an old one from a different area. So we were calling to confirm lunch one day and we called for Sister Andreia in our phone because she is our Relief Society President. A woman picked up and we asked her for where our lunch would be she passed us a number which we then called. The lunch appointment started describing where she lives and we just were really confused. Turns out the Relief Society President of the other ward is also called Andreia. Hehehe. We also called one member with a collect call and she picked up the phone, didn't hear that we were missionaries, and burned us about calling people without reason. She apologize later when she found out it was us. We are teaching about five couples, four of which need to marry, and all who will visit church this Sunday. We will have a super Family night tonight with three of them to help make friendships one with another and feel more at ease. If this works out, we will have many baptisms next transfer. I am wonderful in case you were worried. I am eating well and am happy and working. I love you all and keep you all in my prayers. The work is speeding up and I am feeling the presence of the Holy Ghost more and more. I am receiving personal revelation everyday as I continually ponder the things I learn and receive confirmations of what I learn. I love you all and would like to share a couple scriptures with you. While studying, I often come across interesting scriptures by chance. This one made me look at my eating habits :) ´´But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him´´ Deut 32:15 We ask people in the street at times for a cup of water to quench our thirst and to have an opportunity to talk with them. I decided to find a scripture to express our thanks. This is the best I got. ´´For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward´´ Mark 9:41 The last verse in Corinthians is inspiring for me. It explains the things we must help the investigators feel. If they feel the love of God, the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and the force that comes from the grace of Christ, they will be converted. ´´The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen´´ 2 Cor 13:14 Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment