Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HUMP DAY

Yes, it has finally arrived. That pinnacle moment in every missionary´s career, Hump Day. The 3rd of August marked one year from when I was dropped off curb side at the Missionary Training Center, one year from when I have seen family and friends, and one year until I see them again. It was a day of mixed emotions, of highs and lows, hopes and memories, but most of all, gratitude. I am so glad that I have been able to serve thus far and that I still have one more year to serve. I am glad for the friends I have made, the people I have met, and the lives I have touched. I am thankful that the Lord has given me this time to give my all. I know that I haven´t been a perfect missionary and I know I can improve, but I am amazed to look back and see how far I have come from and how little it seems I have to go. To commemorate this important event, I decided to burn a shirt I had that was destroyed due to an ink pen explosion. The only problem was that the video camera ran our of battery part way through so the movie did not save. But such is life. The photos of before hand are attached. This last week has been great. We started really starting to work again on Thursday, but we are already recharged and ready to go. We had an interesting, and wonderful day yesterday. We did a contact on Monday night with a man who told us to stop by his house the next day at 10 AM. It was like a 45 minute walk. And the number didn't exist. So we were a little upset, but decided to keep going and tract along that street. several rejections later :) we knocked at a door and a woman answered and almost immediately invited us in. She had moved to Sousas with her two sons and husband recently and had almost been baptized in the church 18 years ago in the Amazons!!! So we taught her and her 19 year old son the first lesson and she was bearing her testimony of its truthfulness all throughout. It was nuts. Most of our investigators don't remember what we taught after two days and she remember after two decades. She said that she could remember why she wasn't baptized, but thought it was because she didn't understand our views on the afterlife which we explained and she agreed with. We will go back there on Friday to teach again, but she travels a lot so it will be a little hard to teach her. Her son doesn't seem to like the Church he is in and is excited to visit ours! The Lord prepared someone else for our message nearby. A woman stopped us and asked us to explain what happens in the temple and had a million other questions about the church. She has changed religions at least once and does not like the pastor where she goes and is really open to hear more. We will teach her whole family tomorrow. Elder Bryan and myself have been praying and fasting for someone to baptize and these I believe are the answer to our prayers. I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay classy. The Lord really does answer our prayers if we ask with faith for something just. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment