Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Swine Flu Scare!

Howdy! Down here in the South of America we got some hooligans running ramped! We got cold, flu, fever, cough, headache, and malfunctioning digestive tract all making a big ol´ mess. But we are doing are best to get them under lock and key. I have been sick for over a week and Elder Bryan has been down for the count sense Thursday. I have just had the basic cold. headache, and cough going on for a while, but I think I gave it to Elder Bryan and his system isn't as resilient? He got a fever of almost 102, was coughing up his lungs, and his eyes had so many veins popping it looked like they had gone a gym :P We had a meeting with our ward mission leader on Friday and Elder Bryan could not even participate due to the amount of attention he had to give to his sprinting nose. So then a member called the ward doctor and the doctor our President and we ended up at the hospital with an IV in Elder Bryan´s arm. We didnt get back until 2am. The doctor said Elder Bryan should not work for a whole WEEK! But I think we will try and go out tomorrow. We weren't allowed to go to our investigator's confirmation! One time Elder Bryan woke up with his eye sealed shut by a kind of goober. Hehehe. He is almost at 100% already due to four different kind of pills he is taking. We are working on building up a new teaching group and a new ward mission plan. But the sickness has caused everything to almost come to a halt. We did a division last night, Elder Bryan stayed at home with a member and I went to work, and we met this marvelous investigator who I hope will be baptized next week. She wants to find a church, loved the English class I did, and really enjoyed the lesson we shared. We will go back tomorrow. I wanted to share a scripture with you today about the tree of life. In 1 Nephi 8:12 it reads, ´´And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it; for I knew that is was desirable above all ever fruits.´´ In 11:21-22 it reads,´´the tree... is the love of God... wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.´´ It says here that God´s love is the most desirable thing one can obtain, the best of all fruits. This implies, however, that there are other kinds of fruits which all bring varying degrees of happiness. This could be friends, cars, books, sports, mind modifiers, etc. I am not saying that people are not happy outside of the gospel. I am saying that I am the happiest I have ever been within the gospel and wish that you might feel the same things that I do. Search for the pure love of god, search for the most desirable of all the fruits, and I promise you can be happier than you ever were before even as I have become. I love you all and with you the best. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment