Monday, October 1, 2012

Hunger Pains

Hello my beloved brothers and sisters, This last week was one of learning and growth for me and my companion. We set a goal to not let any new investigator fall as a result of our own neglect. We went to every appointment, called, and made it clear when we would return. But the people we have been finding did not hold up their end of the bargain so one by one they fell. This left us temporarily discouraged until we taught a couple eager to be baptized and keep the commandments. We marked them for the 14th of October and I am certain they will enter into the waters of baptism on that date. We have one funny recent convert who is very excited about the gospel. He wants to bless the sacrament, to visit other investigators with us, and wants his whole family to be baptized. He always is inviting people to be baptized and Elder Bryan and I can´t help but chuckle a little. When we were at his house this week, we were waiting to say the closing prayer to leave for another appointment and he just calls out,´´Josi, we are all in here, can I help you with something?´´ You know, just politely burning her to pray. And then he looks at us and cocks his heads and grins. It is the best. We have one recent convert who we had a tough time bringing to church this week. She said she wouldn´t go. So we convinced her via telephone. Then when we were at church and said she had to leave because she was dieing of hunger. So I gave her one of my ever so precious CLIF bars and she settled. Then an hour later, she said she had a headache. Good thing I had Excedrin with me. I felt so prepared. Boy Scout Power! She told us after words that she was feeling uncomfortable about her clothing and we helped her realize that the Holy Ghost was trying to show her what is appropriate and what isn´t, but that doesn´t mean you need to stop going to church because of that. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment