Monday, February 11, 2013

Let the Good Times Roll

Well its that time of the mission again! Transfers! So I was caught by surprise and transferred from Vinhedo while my companion stayed and they opened another area. I had some mixed feelings about this mix up, but I will go where he wants me to go. I feel as if I was able to make an impact for the better in this city. On Sunday we were able to bring a whopping 13 investigators to church. We had plenty of members leaving with us and plenty of references this week. There are a good 12 baptisms that could be had here in the future. I sincerely hope to have a similar teaching group in my next area! I am as happy as can be other than this transfer business. I feel like I am fulfilling my purpose as a missionary, helping others to truly come unto Christ. I feel inspired to talk to others and share my testimony. I want to help my companion and other Elders improve. I have been thinking a lot about faith recently and have done my best to study it as thoroughly as I can. What I have learned is that faith is much more complex than what I had believed from a quick glance. I originally understood it as confidence and belief in the unseen, with a willingness to act on said belief. But it is so much more than that. The Prophet Joseph Smith dedicated an entire book on faith called 创Lectures on Faith创 that has given me many an insight. From quotes I have read, I have learned that to truly have faith in Jesus Christ, 1. You must believe he exists 2. You must have a correct understanding of his character 3. You must have the certainty that your life is in line with his teachings. But it is further than that. Mere obedience and diligence does not guarantee divine help. Most people have faith unto action. If I act now, something will happen later. But the faith we must develop is faith unto power. That through our righteousness and desire to do the Lords will and our utmost confidence in him, miracles happen. In Ether 12:14 we learn that it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that changed the hearts of the Lamanites. It was there faith that changed another. I hope to develop this kind of faith. I love you and pray for you. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment