Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Country Club

Elder Healy磗 back alright, Hello, hello wonderful people that have decided to remain updated on my life. I am writing you from an expensive English school owned by a return missionary here in Botucatu. I think they like the American publicity. Speaking of English, another American missionary in the city and I have started giving English classes for free once a week in the church. The first week was a little week, but we hope a better turn out tonight. It is really strange teaching a second language in a second language, but it was fun. We sung the alphabet, learned how to introduce ourselves, and practiced praying. I feel like everyone was uplifted. As missionaries we have to mark a lot of appointments. The problem is that it seems that we are the only ones who remember to keep them. Members and investigators alike simply aren磘 there when we mark a time and a place and it gets a little frustrating. So then we just have to make up new plans on the spot that are simply much less effective. If you dont want to learn, dont say you want to! But we should have some baptism this next week which is exciting. I am really having to apply the Christ attributes in my life this transfer. I have been having some compatibility problems with my partner in preaching. Whenever I talk about anything that I did before the mission or anything I am good at, he goes off and says I am super prideful. For example, I played chess against a member today and beat him relatively soundly and then he got mad when I talked about how I had won at some giant chess at the bus station. Then he says he is undefeatable at chess. Ugh... funny story, one time I went to the bathroom at like 6:20 and he changed the phones time to 6:15 so he could sleep 5 more minutes. I changed it back when he wasnt looking :) Patience, humility, love, charity, and hope for the transfers are all in play! I do like it when he tries to rap in English. I always bought some sweet, new flip flops because I lost one running to a bus. One of our investigators ditched a meeting so we went to hunt him down at the local gym. We felt ridiculous walking in white shirts and ties next to sweaty people in tank tops. We almost joined the gym, but the price was over 100 bucks entrance fee. Also, it required running in the morning which I really did not feel like doing. I have been studying recently about the process of repentance for the benefit of one of investigators whose mind was weighed down with sin. In D&C, it greatly simplifies forgiveness. 创Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same will be forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more. By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins, behold, he will confess them, and forsake them创 58:42-43. Everyone of us may apply this magnificent blessing in our lives, changing our thoughts and actions and confessing and abandoning the sin. I love you all so much and hope you can apply this wonderful gift in your lives so that your burdens might be lifted and your hearts purified. I love you all and hope the best for each of you. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment