Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Esfilhas (mini pizzas)

Dear World, Just thought I would give you a shout from this cold end of the mission. We are now entering the Brazilian winter here. When we hit 60 degrees here they all act like they are going to die. My companion was literally shivering and said he could not feel his hands when it was still well above 50. So now he walks around in a camo hoodie. He looks just like a missionary... I tell people that it was -15 at my college and they think I am lying. I just walk around in my short sleeve shirt and my companion thinks I am nuts. I put on a sweater, and I know I am hot. So my companion is Elder Inacio. He has about 4 months out here, about half the time I have. He is from the North-East of Brasil and says that it does not ever drop below 80 there. He also weighs about 120 lbs so I can understand how adapting to the weather could be a little tough. He twisted his foot on Friday last week and until today he has been coplaining about it. There wasnt any swelling or bruising so the mission´s medic just told him to ice it, elevate it, and wrap it. He did none of these things and wonder why it still hurts. I just stay quiet and let him use my advil :) I am really excited to work in this area. There are like 20 people who have already visited church who I will try to contact and baptise. We slept at President´s House and Sister Tanner made us waffles. Best night ever! Then I had honey nut cheerios for breakfast, what what. The leadership meeting was a little dry, but the President´s words were really inspiring. He talked about the importance of doing our part. I must do my part if I want to see success here in this area. The Lord will see my effort and we will be blessed. So they have this place called Habib´s that sells fast food middle eastern style. So I bought some baklava, a hot dog, and esfilhas. It was super delicious. I think we are going to dry deep fried pizza this week. Yum! If you have someone in your life who is being really difficult to deal with or just rubs you the wrong way, dont worry because we all have people like that in our lives. Just love them, help them, and explain to them your feelings. And they will change. It is that easy and that hard. We have to do our part and try to accept them as they are. You cant force someone to do good. You can just let them do it them selves. I love you all so much. Come on really, Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment