Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thou Shalt Love

Hello again my faithful readers,
This week went by quickly as well. Days just seem to blend together, but they are still as great as ever. I memorized the first vision in about 20 minutes which surprised everyone including myself. My language learning is really taking off as I focus on specific areas and just memorize. The problem I am having is recalling what I learn in lessons and in conversation. I know it, but I am finding trouble using it. So there is only two weeks left which is really scaring me. I mean less than fourteen days before I will be in my first area with my first companion. I am really so scared I can´t believe it. I am doing everything I can to be ready, and I wonder if I am not trying enough. I am trying to find the balance between always ´´be anxiously engaged in a good cause´´ and ´´do not run faster than you are able.´´ It’s a marathon, not a sprint and I wonder sometimes if I am not pacing myself well. I am still working on finding a balance between learning about the language, the gospel, the district, and myself.
Here is a quick recap of some things of note this week. Today, we went to an all-you-can-eat Brazilian steak house and I went pass its name. I feel absolutely stuffed right now, but I just had two pieces of bread so I feel it is more balanced. Which reminds me, thank you so much to everyone who has sent me packages and presents. I am so thankful. I would recommend not sending anything else because it probably won’t get here in time. Just send it to my new address when I get into the field. You guys are so nice and it really brightens my day when I get something. Which reminds me, can I send letters through missionary ties? Also one of the missionaries can only jump about 3 inches, but can somehow do a back flip. I know right.
This week I decided to study more about our savior, and read the story about when the Pharisee asked Jesus what the greatest commandment in the law. Jesus replied, ´´Thou shalt love thy lord thy god... and thou shalt love they neighbor as thyself.´´ The phrase that is repeated from the two great commandments is thou shalt love. I have tried to show my love with my companions by helping them, hugging, them, and sharing with them and I know I can do more. I invite you to try and serve those around you. Faith without works is dead, and love without actions is unknown. Show your love for those around you by doing the little things. Make their bed, compliment their clothes, or just say I love you. As you do this, both parties will receive the benefit. I love you so much. Please write me! Until next time... Viva Brasil!
Elder Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment